12/01/2005 Health can’t be had for love or money.The program of clinical examination survived in Moscow.
Moscow is the only city in Russia, where the program of clinical examination survived, - as it was said yesterday on the meeting of Moscow government. “And, may be, we also should reject the very program?” – asked the Minister of Finances Yury Korostelev during the discussion of the project program on 2005 – 2007 years.
The acting mayor Valery Shantsev didn’t support this point of view: “It’s better to bring the disease to light in the beginning of its development, rather than spend huge sums of money on its treatment”.
The project of the new clinic examination program provides for examination of all women from 40 to 60 for possible pectoral gland diseases twice a year. With the same periodicity all men from 35 to 69 will be examined for possible prostate gland disease (about 48 % of Moscowers suffer from it). To gain this, special examination rooms will be opened in each out patients’ clinic, and those that already exist will be equipped according to the latest inventions. The price of the new program corresponds to 681,3 million rubles. This modesty was explained rather simply – the previous program cost five times cheaper, but money that was found for it hardly reached 20 %. A miracle happened this time: Shantsev demanded to finish off the project depending on the needs of the public health service, but not on the state of the treasury.
11/01/2005 Onischenko said to be prepared for the influenza epidemic
In the resolution of the head sanitary inspector of the Russian Federation Gennady Onischenko, which was published on the site of the State Sanitary and Epidemic Inspectors, is said to take necessary measure in preparing to the possible influenza epidemic.
According to the information, which is presented by the World Health Organization, as it has been said in the resolution, we should be prepared for the appearance of the new anti-gene variant of influenza virus, which could cause the epidemic of flu “with the rise of sickness rate in 4 – 5 times, and death rate in 5 – 10 times”.
To decrease the health damage in the connection of the flu disaster Onischenko suggests organizing regional Committees. The Headmasters of regional organs of public health service should calculate, how much doses of anti-flu vaccine and medicines will be enough for influenza treatment and prophylaxis.
Besides Onischenko emphasizes that it’s important to organize pre-prophylaxis of flu and provide for more “bed places” for those, who are already ill.
29/12/2004 The New Year Holidays won’t prevent rendering qualified medical aid
“Crews of duty doctors will work in all medical institutions during the winter holidays, and the rest managerial personnel will work according to the special schedule”, as it is said in the press-release of the Ministry of Health and Social Development.
Drug reserves have been made in hospitals to gain trouble-free provision of patients with necessary medicines during the holidays. Diagnostic departments will provide necessary observations of people in serious state during these days. The medical staff is going to accomplish extra operations and render urgent medical aid.
As a whole, “the institutions of public health service are going to work as usual”, and “the time-limit of work-hours will be fixed by the order of the head physician of each medical institution”, as it was declared by the press-service of the ministry.
29/12/2004 Money for privileges.The order of getting payments has been approved
The order concerning monthly money payments has being published in the “Rossiyskaya Gazeta” newspaper. It directly concerns the 15 million of Russian citizens, who have the right to the monthly payments beginning with the 1st of January 2005 year.
Of course it has been already written a lot about the fact how much and who will get money, but it’s always much better to have the first primary source close at hand: the bill itself or another document of such kind.
People have a lot of questions concerning every topic. The document clarifies much of them. You’ll also make use of the list of the enclosures to the published order.
Here one can find a lot of very important documents: these are: the full list of categories of people who have the right to get monthly money payments; the list of documents which do prove the right to the monthly money payments – these very papers one has to take with him, when going to the Superannuation Fund to draw up the payments.
Full text is available only in the Russian version
29/12/2004 The government of the Russian Federation isn’t interested in the health of its nation
The management of our country isn’t interested in matter of healthy and long lives of the citizens. The first necessary goals in the area of public health service are not yet formed, the offices are not responsible for the health of common people, the death rate in Russia takes the lead over the birth rate, the system of the prophylaxis medicine is being destroyed, the government ignores the head medical men of the country, when they try to point at the terrible state of affairs and call the officials to order, to stop the collapse. On this and many other topics the reporter of Vip.Lenta.Ru led a conversation with the x-Minister of Health and Social Development of USSR and Russia A. I. Vorobiyov.
- Andrey Ivanovich, there was published an open letter, addressed to the government of the Russian Federation, and signed by many famous workers of the public health service in “Medizinskaya Gazeta” newspaper. What was the reaction of the government to this appeal?
- There was no reaction. The problems of our public health service are just one part of a huge disaster which touches our country.
- You say that there’s been “no reaction”. Is it a common thing?
- Such a letter we sent for the first time. The letter was written at once because the specialists can foresee the tragedy. Tomorrow everyone will see it. It is dangerously explosive situation.
- And what actions or inactions in particular makes people be uneasy?
- The absence of any goal first of all. The goals in the area of public health service are not yet formed, though it’s evident that it’s necessary to start working on the prolongation of our people’s lives. We should begin with the central reasons of death – tumor and vascular thromboses. Of course the diagnosis and treatment of them demand high knowledge and high science technologies. Both of these could be found in our country, but they aren’t much in demand. And new technologies are not being developed because of the open persecution of the science.
- Would You please tell me, if the state of affairs could be improved?
- Of course.
In the majority of cases a person who has tumor beginû to feel very bad, when it is too late. He will never attend a doctor in time. The problem is solved thanks to prophylaxis examinations and searches. And here nothing can work out without a serious scientific organization.
- So the death rate can be decreased and the health state can be improved only thanks to prophylaxis?
- Only thanks to annual examination. And it is not complicated. In our country, where people follow the doctors’ advice, life is prolonged on 15 – 20 years.
- Isn’t it rather expensive?
- It’s much cheaper than healing the uncared-for tumor. Of course the medicines should be free, because the effective treatment for tumor costs hundreds and dozens of dollars, which common people don’t have. But more than a third of our wages is taken as health tax. And the “ensuring medicine” turned its back to the tumor-ill people.
- Is it important that the Minister of Health is not a medical man?
- There’s nothing bad in it. Why is the state of our public health service so terrible? Do you think they ask medical specialists for advice? They have published the list of the medicines, which are going to be given for free. No advice. They’ve bought an effective but very expensive drug, but medicines for hemophilia were not bought.
- Which first necessary steps should the government of the Russian Federation undertake?
- It should set a problem - to stop the extinction of the people. The first steps: to get rid of adds of tobacco and alcohol production. It is incompatible with the health defense. The second: is to reduce the death rate among women in childbirth.
Together with all these the Ministry of health must have the right and opportunity to interfere with some affairs preventing different absurdity.
- We’ve already mentioned that it works badly concerning help during the catastrophes. When the act of terrorism on Dubrovka took place, a lot of people died not because of the terrorists directly?
- Video outs from Dubrovka terrify us with the non-preparedness of the saviors. The victims were transferred taken by legs and arms. I have never seen such a thing in all my life. A lot of people died because of the unorganized evacuation: they were taken only to the hospitals domiciliary. They were put on the floor and anywhere else but not to other hospitals. Do you think anyone discussed it?
Full text is available only in the Russian version.